Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Things kids say

Olivia said two funny things today that I thought I would share. First we were driving in the car and Olivia was talking about what would happen if you did not wear your seat belt. I said that if you were in an accident you might have to go to the hospital. Her only hospital experience came from James having surgery. She started asking why Dad was in the hospital. I explained that he gave Uncle Skip a kidney. I said we should be proud of Dad because that saved Uncle Skip. Clearly she did not quite get that because next she said "Well did Dad try to kill him first"

Then we were at the Y getting changed for swimming lessons. A little girl came in by herself and started changing. Olivia said "Mom, that girl does not have a mom". I said that she was probably just big enough to do it by herself. The little girl heard and said that she does not like her Mom to help. Olivia looked at her and said "Our Mom has to help us because she would not know what to do without us"

5 comments:

The Goulds said...

I love the comment about James. I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

That cracked me up Hil! Crazy Olivia, what would we do without her? Love, Shelly

Little Ol' Liz said...

Miss O is going to say something one day that will make your rich. Or famous.

I'd go for rich.

;-)

Oh how funny - my word verification is : swine. No Joke.

GS said...

That's our girl. And she is right. What would you do without them. Life would be pretty boring.

Joy said...

Oh that girl...got to love her.