Ok, I need someone to explain my oven. So I am reading the manual to find out what kind of light bulb it requires (my husband would be proud that I actually am taking the time to do it the right way - don't tell him though he would never believe you). So I am trying to find the light bulb info and came across something odd. Apparently my oven is equipped with a Sabbath Feature (it says designed for use on the Jewish Sabbath and Holidays). Can someone explain that to me?
Could it possibly mean that I don't have to use it again until a Jewish holiday? That would be too good to be true...
3 comments:
I think that it means that you can set it to start at a certain time or maybe keep things warm without having to actually, physically, turn it on on the Sabbath. Orothodox Jews can't turn on anything with electricity on the Sabbath. That would be my guess though. The only thing I know about being Jewish, I learned from reading Faye Kellerman novels.
I think Morgan hit the nail on the head - so to speak. I know the Jews celebrate Shabbat on Friday nights into Saturday. I don't think they can even turn on the lights. I read Faye Kellerman, too.
Didn't know Cyan was so daring. It surprised me.
It seems like cheating if you are not supposed to use electricity that you buy an oven that you can program ahead of time? Plus I hope there are no Jews in really cold climates. Even though my furnace runs on gas the blower is electric. So that means on Friday night I would not be be able to use heat???
Post a Comment