Cyan rode the school bus home for the first time on Thursday and Friday. I am totally nervous about her making a mistake and getting off at the wrong stop. So on Friday, Olivia and I met her at the stop. She got totally upset and said she wanted to walk home by herself. She ran from the bus stop all the home. Olivia and I couldn't even keep up.
She totally burst my mothering bubble.
We have not come to a solution. I offered to wait at the end of my street where I could see the bus stop. She insists I wait in our house. Either this will end with me at the end of the street or her getting picked up at school.
2 comments:
I know you know this already, but I have to say it anyway: Don't Give In. Matters of personal security are non-negotiable.
She'll want the keys to the car and the Debit Card next.
this makes me laugh because my time is coming. there is NO WAY my daughter is getting off the bus & walking all the way home without me watching somewhere :0 good luck on this one!
Post a Comment