Friday, March 27, 2009

Driving!

We were all set to leave the Springs on Thursday morning. Then we saw the weather report. They were forcasting the biggest storm of the season. We decided to make sure that our sunny vacation was not delays but the yucky white stuff and we left Wednesday night after I left for work. We were on the rode headed out of town at 5:30 and made it to a hotel in Sante Fe by 10:30.
Then the next morning we started out trip to AZ. We missed the snow but hit a huge sandstorm in Northern AZ.
Here is a pic from when we thought it was getting really nasty.
Here is a pic of when it actually got really nasty. These are pics from inside the car as we were stopped in traffic for the 5 accidents ahead where cars were blown into semi-trucks. Yuck.
Here is the car after.

Today, all the Johnsons and GG went for a nature walk at the Hassayamoa River Preserve. We saw lots of lizards. butterflies and a half eaten mouse. Yeah, snakes. I forgot the camera but I promise that will be the last time I make that mistake.

Tomorrow is a visit to the Phoenix zoo with the Goulds. Then Sunday is a Spring Training ball game.

Enjoy the snow for all of you in Colorado. It is 70+ here.

2 comments:

Little Ol' Liz said...

Looks like fun! Just a note -- snow only shut the town down earlyon Thursday and half of Friday. And none of our cars were sand blasted.

I'm just sayin'.

Continued good times.

B and V Leonard said...

Oh, WoW!! I'm so thankful that you guys are safe!! Have fun with your GG!!!